Saturday, May 19, 2012

A Husband, A Father, An Honor

I was realizing the other day that I don't really ever talk about Jaime.  I'll talk about him if someone asks how he is but otherwise I'm pretty mute on the subject.  It's not because I don't love him, I love him more than anyone else, he is everything to me.  I think it's because he's MINE and I DON'T want to share him!  Unfortunately I have to share him; work, friends, family, they all want a piece of him and honestly I can't blame them, Jaime is awesome.  I mean, come on, one time he sent me a packet of M&M's with his face on them and the words "Too Hot!"  You don't get much cooler than that.


Tonight the Utah Air National Guard held a dinner to honor the men and women who had received the honors of Airman of the Year (AOY), Non-Comissioned Officer (NCO) of the Year, Senior NCO of the Year, and First Sergeant of the year for 2010 and 2011.

Jaime being the amazing man he is, as previously stated, received the Airman of the Year for 2010 and the Non-Comission Office of the Year for 2011.  Two in a row!  I think he just got a little bit more awesome!  Since Jaime is out of the country right now I took Cameron with me to the dinner.  It was a fancy, fun, date night and Cameron stood in for Jaime for the AOY 2010 award while I was able to stand in for the NCO 2011 award.


They served a delicious meal, with more forks and knives at one place setting than I have ever seen.  I had to wait for the others to start so I'd know which fork to use!  Cameron and I had a good laugh over how they arranged the food on the plates... Vegetable Man with meat toupee!


As I mentioned before Cameron accepted the AOY 2010 award and he thought it was pretty cool that the Brigadier General of the UTANG pinned Jaime's ribbon on his vest.



Jaime received an awesome eagle trophy for the NCO 2011 honor as well as some other fun things: A huge coin, another coin (but significantly smaller), a pen, a letter opener and magnifying glass, two new ribbons for his uniform (one with a device showing he received the honor two years in a row) and a fun gift basket.

Cameron LOVED the huge coin.  He kept it with him the whole way home "just in case anything happens".  Too bad he didn't keep it safe sooner... I accidentally dropped it in the parking lot and scratch the case up a bit (don't be mad!).  :-)



Jaime Phair, you are wonderful!  What a blessing you are in my life, the lives of our children, our friends, and our family.  I effing love you.

1 comment:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.