Monday, July 19, 2010

Jackson Family Reunion at Fish Lake

It's that time of year, family reunion time! My family went to Fish Lake, UT this year. I think that it's interesting that almost every time I take a picture of a lake there are storm clouds gathering. :-)
This is Edd's Medow, a few miles southeast of the lake. I love the winding river, classic.
Stealing Grandpa's hat.
Fishing with Grandpa! Only my nephew Alex caught a fish. It was about 4 inches long and it swallowed the hook and died after we threw it back. A minute or so later I was watching it float belly up when a seagull swooped down and gobbled it up.



Sleepy heads. Nora would NOT take a nap while we were there. So we got in the car and took a drive (that's when we found Edd's Meadow) and within 30 seconds she and Kaitlin were zonked out.
My Dad caught some fish and gave us two. This was the first time I've ever cooked fresh fish. It turned out really yummy, even Nora ate it. My Dad had cleaned out the insides but I still had to cut off the head, tail and skin, NOT a fun task I think. Elise helped me with the prep and cooking.
Yuck-O.
Then I put lemons, garden fresh thyme, and garden fresh garlic on and in them, then garden fresh zucchini around the edge (a lemon, garlic butter brushed on those) and broiled them. Yum-O.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.