This was a super fun trip and I'm glad we went; I just wish Jaime could have been there. I went with my parents and two of my brothers (Danny and Fred) and their families. 1902 + miles (200 inside Glacier Park) round trip and 28 hours of driving but well worth it. My expectations were exceeded in the departments of stress and frustration but overall the children were well behaved and Nora was better than expected. A lot of the stress came from Elise and Cameron deciding to be crazy and run around at the absolute wrong times such as on a cliff side and then there was Kaitlin's bipolarness to deal with. Seriously, WTF! (freak) one second she would be laughing and then a fly would toot in china and she was the biggest most stubborn crank ever! Back and forth, back and forth, it really wears you down. Anyway, if you ever get the chance you have to come and visit this area it's beauties are beyond description.
Without further delay...
In Idaho
July 2-5
Unlce Mike is extremely talented at wood work (and a ton of other things too) and he made all of the kids these Idaho cut outs with their name inside that can pop out.
Some of Aunt Diane's grandkids and some of my nieces and nephews. Let's see if I can name everyone in this photo... nope, sorry :(
Swimming at Beaver Bay
One word... Beautiful. They live just outside of Coeur d'Alene. I hadn't been up there in 13 years and I didn't want to leave.
The real Avalanche Gorge
July 7, 2009
This road takes you across Glacier Park and is SO beautiful. The highlight was the weeping wall.
St. Mary's lake on the Going to the Sun Road
July 8, 2009 Cameron's Birthday
This is the day that we saw the mama bear and her two cubs. They were probably 50 feet or less away from us (we were in the car) it was fun to watch them. We hiked the fish creek trail in the morning then we went up to the northern part of Glacier to Bowmen Lake, it was the most beautiful lake I have ever seen. After that we went to Dairy Queen for Cameron's birthday dinner.



No comments:
Post a Comment