Saturday, April 14, 2012

Ragtag or Fashionistas?

This has happened more than once... we are out somewhere in public and I look at my children and realize that they have dirty mismatched clothes on, dirt under their nails, unbrushed hair, dirt on their faces, etc. etc. On top of all that you know how I am, within 30 minutes of waking up I am showered, dressed, groomed, and ready for the day, ready for any public appearances I might make. So I look at my ragtag bunch and what others are thinking of me the well groomed, clean mother carting along 4 children who look utterly neglected!

Now I promise you that I do look the kids over before we leave the house and I never see anything wrong; I guess love truly is blind. So today I had some "errands" to run at the mall, actually Down East Outfitters was having a great sale so I went to shop, and I took my 3 b.f.f.'s with me. While combing through the fabulous clothes I looked over at my girls and was surprised at what I saw.

Yes Kaitlin's hair is unbrushed and she is wearing purple, blue, leopard print pink, socks, and yellow shoes from the 80's that are too big and that she purchased at a yard sale with her "own money!!!!!". Yes Nora's hair is unbrushed and yes, yes she did wear those clothes yesterday, sleep in them, and then wear them all day today and let's not even go into the terrible state her shoes are in. And yes Elise has not brushed her hair yet and those boots are totally fab with a cap sleeve shirt and shorts in 45° weather.



And of course a trip to the mall is not complete without a pretzel eaten with dirty finger nails.
But hey, maybe what I'm seeing as ragtag is actually the work of some fabulous fashionistas. I'm willing to see it that way. Honestly I think they are adorable, dirt and all.

1 comment:

  1. See, I always figure, as long as I look decent, people know that kids want to do their own thing, but at least I tried. So I'd say you're doing great.

    And Kait's outfit is awesome. Gives Janey a run for her money in the "most textured" category that she's become such a pro at lately... :)

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.