This picture is from here: http://www.josiskilpack.com/books/culinary-mystery-series/lemon-tartThis is a book that I read and enjoyed. A murder mystery with recipes? Delish. I like lemons, I like desserts, I like lemon desserts, so naturally I made the lemon tart recipe presented in the book. Just before the tart came out of the oven Elise walked in the room and read the synopsis on the back cover of the book. "Ding!" Goes the timer and out comes my very delicious looking and very first ever lemon tart!
Elise looked at it and asked, "Mom, what is that?"
"Lemon tart." I replied proudly.
"MOM!" Elise exclaimed, "You can't make that! It's POISONED!"
"Oh, please." I said, rolling my eyes. "It's not poisoned, that's not even how the victim in the book dies."
"What do kids know?" I ask myself as I dish up a good 1/4 of the tart for my eating pleasure. Oh. My. Yummy. I was in lemon heaven... until 11 p.m. that night, then I was in the lemon lake of fire and brimstone, worshipping the porcelain throne.
Maybe I should have listened to Elise.

I'm going to assume the two were actually unrelated, because that is just sad. I love lemon desserts. But seriously, nothing ruins something like having it come back up. So sad.
ReplyDelete