
'Tis the season of giving and receiving. Yesterday a card arrived in the mail from Bob and Rita with a large card for Jaime and me and individual cards for the children. E, C, and K, opened theirs, saw the money inside, threw the card aside, and shouted for joy at their booty. Nora on the other hand opened her card looked at the money, threw is across the room, and in a disgusted voice said "I not a have mon-eeee," and more enthusiastically added "I a have dis card!!" She pranced out of the room and clung to that card for the rest of the day.
I've been pondering her reaction ever since, what mattered most to her was not the money but the love she felt from "Granpa an Granpa Pha-ee-er". What matters most to us?
Sheesh, the things kids can teach us. "... yea, even babes did open their mouths and utter marvelous things..." 3 Nephi 26:16

No comments:
Post a Comment