Note: this is not a picture of our family at 10 years but it is the only family picture we have!
10 Years! It's not a lot of years yet but it is a milestone; it took a lot of love, laughs, tears, pain, joy, growing, yielding, stretching, and all others that I cannot think of, to get here and I'm grateful for it.
The day its self was rather ho-hum because Jaime was feeling unwell and because we are kind of boring people. We did go out on a double date with our friends Nate and Sherry Murray to see a movie and then I ditched Jaime (an action he was 100% in support of) to go see another movie with Sherry and our friend Sara Taylor.
So since I have nothing exciting to talk about as to the day I will tell you what the last 10 years have brought me. Mostly good things and maybe a few bad.
Good:
-A husband
-4 children
-20 pounds (I add this to the good because after 4 kids it easily could have been more)
-Homeownership (and my own garden!)
-Friends, friends, and more friends
-A Master Gardener Certification
-Lots of baby blankets made for friends
-Personal growth through daily experiences, raising children, helping friends and family, supporting and sustaining and loving Jaime
-Personal growth through striving to improve myself in areas that I feel could be improved upon: math, piano, organ, service, literature, friendship
-Some major hardships and hurts that I have chosen to have them strengthen and mold me into who I am today
-The opportunity to learn to forgive and be forgiven
Bad-ish/Good-ish:
-A husband (they can be so frustrating!)
-4 children (they can be even more frustrating!)
-Trials and hurts that I chose to shrink from
-Jaime deploying
Bad:
-A couple of car wrecks (one was a rollover)
-And I can't think of anything else
90 more years Lover! (Because I plan on living to 118 and forcing Jaime to live to 122 so that we can live in three centuries, really we only need to make it to 117 and 121 but if were going that far we might as well go to our 100 year anniversary)

Congrats on 10 years. While maybe not a lot of years, it's more than 1/3 of your life... and that is impressive. And I like your logic of living to 118. I bet you make it. :)
ReplyDeleteBreanne saw the picture at the top of the page and wants to know why Kaitlin looks so mad. Haha.