Some features that you have to look forward to in this post are:
- Bragging!
- Fun!
- "What they were thinking"!
Pictured here, though not very well, are all of the Air Guard troops not deployed.
This year this event was better than in years past because Jaime's sister Cherise and her children Jackson, Jacob, Rayah, and Jensen (Rylee, Rori and Lyle couldn't make it) our nieces Francesca, Leanne, and Sophia, my Mom and my nephews Cody and Parker where able to attend so that = fun.
But the best part was that Jaime was chosen as Airman of the Year! Yes, yes I know that he is a Staff Sergeant but he won the award in 2010 and it doesn't get presented until Governor's day the following year. So in honor of this great achievement (zero sarcasm in that statement, I really think it's great that he won) Jaime got to stand at attention while Governor Herbert and senior members of the National Guard leadership shook his hand and said "congratulations". I thought that was a pretty lame way to recognize such an achievement so I told our group to yell and cheer and show our love and support when his name was called. Several people commented to Jaime later that it was great that he had his own fan club. We were on the far east side of the field and the people on the far west side commented that they could hear us all the way down there. We rock! And we heart SSgt Jaime Phair!
Jaime is the one in the all green uniform and Governor Herbert is right in front of him.

After the ceremony we stayed a while to look around at the static displays and also play on the toys that the Guard provides for family entertainment. It was fun to have so many people with us. There was a rock wall, bull ride, BB gun shooting range, zip line, bounce houses, sniper rifle displays and much, much more!
One of my favorite parts was just watching everyone and snapping pictures.
"I don't know how to put this but... I'm kind of a big deal."

(Click on image)
"I don't care if you are Government property. You try to cut in line one more time and I will destroy you."

(Click on image)
"I was told there would be milk at this function."

(Click on image)
It was a very fun day and I'm grateful that some of our family could share it with us. Thank you all for your love and support.

No comments:
Post a Comment