Saturday, February 9, 2013

Finally Some Updates!

It's been a doldrum winter this year, highs in the teens or single digits, lows in the negatives, for weeks on end.  However, I can see a little grass peeking out under all the permafrost and I'm starting to feel that hibernation mode is wearing off.  So here are some much needed updates of what's happened over the last two months.

Let's start with one of my bucket list items: make a diorama.  I made this as part of a 30 part present for my best friend Mary Burrell who turned 30 in December.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.  As children Mary and I used to fill up the big black garbage cans and use them as swimming pools all summer long.  No worries they were never used for gross garbage. The other 29 parts of the present were items that would remind her of more childhood memories.



December also marked the maturity of our hens!  We are excited that they are now laying, Merry lays pink eggs and Storm lays green eggs.  



We have a rock star on our hands these days since Nora received a Barbie guitar (or 'a-tar' as she says) for Christmas and enjoys rocking out.


Little Stinker.


 Some precious moments:




Cameron's very first pinewood derby!  Thanks to his dad he had an awesome car and won a few races.


Let it snow!  Finally toward the end of January the inversion cleared out and it warmed up enough for it to snow again!  It was the biggest storm we've had in a few years bringing down first freezing rain then about 18 inches of snow,  and a lot of fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.