For the most part I am not funny, clever, witty, or any other synonyms of those words. BUT occasionally I have a moment of enlightenment.
At the beginning of September, while sorting through toys that were left on the porch of a good friend, I came across this disturbing doll. I'm not sure what's wrong with it's mouth and the feet are permanently pointing in the opposite direction of it's head, the doll as a whole just gave me the heebie jeebies and that was the moment that inspiration struck. I knew I HAD to creepy out my sister-in-law Lisa with this doll.
The story boarding began, ideas were in abundance! I wanted to include a trailer in the creep out because Lisa and Joel were living in a trailer at the time. So we drove up to North Ogden where my brother lives and used his trailer as the back drop of the prank, we took a video introducing the doll at the trailer, as well as some various pictures around the trailer to be used later. Then I had a friend address all the envelopes that would be used so the handwriting wouldn't match mine.
Originally we were going to mail the first two packages from San Francisco and Los Angeles since we were going to be passing through on our Hawai'i trip. That plan fell through because there were no post office drop boxes near our terminals and no time to go searching one out. So, revised plan! On our way to and from Nebraska we would stop in a random small town and mail the first two phases of the creep out.
The first video arrived four days after we mailed it from Little America, Wyoming (though it was postmarked Rock Springs) and to my great delight it was Facebook worthy!
Next came a simple photograph of the doll hanging on the hand rail of a trailer. The best part about the photo was the words "I'm coming" hidden in the lower right hand corner. Too bad no one noticed that part.
By this time I was growing concerned that Lisa had pegged me as the mastermind so I mailed the next phase, the actual doll, to a friend in Ohio and had her mail it to Lisa.
Then, hoping to get the timing just right so the last video would arrive on or close to Halloween, I mailed the last package to a friend in San Diego. If only I had known how things were to work out! At the end of the video was a picture of me dressed as the doll.
If I had known that the packaged would arrive without a postmark and in Lisa's lock box I wouldn't have put the picture in!! I was toying with the idea of creating a Facebook page for the doll and then friending Lisa. Despite the fun I could have continued to have, I'm pleased with the results.


Um, you're awesome. Sorry I was too slow to help, but I'm glad you got it all worked out. Such a random and excellent prank.
ReplyDeleteWhat weird thing happened with the last mailing? Did I do something wrong?!?! I just popped it into the box. I have been waiting to hear how it went though. =)
ReplyDeleteIt was a fun prank to pull. Thanks to everyone for their help!!
ReplyDelete