Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Things that made me smile today.

1:
Characters: Nora, Mom, and Kaitlin

Setting: At our kitchen table. Valentines are spread every where, dinner is in the process of being made.

Scene: Kaitlin is writing her classmates names on Hello Kitty Valentine cards.

Nora: "Luh-t (look) Mom, my whoa kiddy (hello kitty)!!"
Mom: "Yep! Okay Kait next card. K-A-I-T-L-I-N."
Kaitlin writes the letters as Mom spells them out.
Kaitlin: Looking at the name she just wrote, and in a perfectly serious tone "Uh... Mom... who's name does that spell?" :-)


2:

We were on our way home from picking up some paint and I was teasing the kids a little, telling them that I was the Supreme Ultimate Authority at home since Dad was gone and they had to do every single thing I told them to do. They were teasing back but then they took it too far. They started to tell me why Dad was better than me... "Well, it doesn't matter! Dad is better than you because... Dad is _______-er than you, Dad is__________-er than you" ect. Uh, ya, it hurt my feelings a little that they were saying such things and I asked them to stop and told them that the things they said were no longer teasing words but hurtful words.

The car went quiet. Suddenly Cameron announced "Mom when we get home I'm going to make a secret Valentine for someone in the family." I had to smile at that, so much for it being "secret".

Five or so minutes after getting home Cam came up to me and handed me a Valentine it said "Mom, I am sorey. Love Cam" I gave him a big hug and a huge smile.

Cam, Kait, E, and Nor I love all of you.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.