Saturday, February 18, 2012

2012 House Project

The project (so far) for this year was to repaint the kids bedrooms and get new carpet. Going into this I was super excited but then I had to repaint the girls ceiling... my excitement waned very quickly. It took me about a week to get all the painting done but I'm very happy with the results.

This is the girls room before the repaint. I did this a couple of years ago but I felt that it was very little-girl-y and I wanted something less noisy. Of course it doesn't help that in this picture the room is trashed.

I went with a very light blue (it's lighter that it appears here) sand color carpet (also lighter that it appears here) and a rainbow theme on both windows. The window you cannot see has a rainbow puff at the top (left overs from the main window)

Surprisingly I don't have ANY pics of Cameron's room before but that's okay because after Brandon Wells fixed the gaping holes in one wall all I did was repaint it yellow, though it is a brighter yellow than before. Same carpet as the girls room and tada! the room looks brand new!

I have to say that I truly love how everything turned out but I am SO glad it's over and done with. Next project? Starting the fence on the north side of my backyard... but that can wait until summer.


1 comment:

  1. Karen, the rooms look great! Definitely love the blue with the rainbow curtains.

    ReplyDelete

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.