I am always thankful for the many wonderful things in my life... a loving husband, a home, family and friends, the beauty of the earth, etc. Today I am especially grateful for friends and I'll tell you why.
Kaitlin recently had some surgery and has been on the slowish-quickish, sometimes smiling-sometimes crying mend. She's such a trooper though! Even in her most painful moments Kaitlin is kind and polite and loving. She still has some mending to do which means lying around the house missing out on some things she REALLY loves... school and friends.
When she pulled out this super cute string of shapes she said "Mom, it's okay if you hang this on my bed".
Thank you to family also! Here's a great story for you...
My parents stopped by to see Kait while she was in the hospital and they brought a balloon and some Strawberry Shortcake lipgloss and finger nail polish with them. Kaitlin LOVED both. That night was a rough one for Kait and she was in quite a bit of pain and while we were waiting for the nurse to bring in some pain medicine Kaitlin, crying but trying to be brave, looked up at the balloon and tearfully/cutely said "That was SO nice of grandma and grandpa to bring me that!"
Get better soon Kaitlin!

I thought I had commented here already, but we're glad that Kaitlin loved the box. Sydney has been asking how Kaitlin has been doing every day since we sent the box.
ReplyDelete