Utah Regional Ballet: Peter Pan At the Covey Center for the Arts. (click there if you want to be taken to the Covey Center website)
When I asked the children if they wanted to go see a ballet with me this was the response:
E: YES! YES! YES!
C: Ballet? Sure.
K: Ummmm???? YES!
This was the premiere night for this orignal ballet, Peter Pan, and I have to admit that it was excellent. The original score for this ballet was composed by Silvio Amato and it was beautiful and a real cool plus? Mr. Amato and his wife flew in from Italy for the opening performance and were just a few seats away from where we were sitting. I know, I know, it's really nothing since I had no idea who the man was before I walked into the performance hall but still it was kind of cool. Like I said before the music was absolutely beautiful and I thought it was not stereotypical of Peter Pan. It was fun, fresh, and definitely original.
Here are C, K, and E in front of the Covey Center for the Arts before we went in to see Peter Pan. I tried to get them to dress up, since it is fun to dress up, but I and my opinion on dressing up were met with extreme opposition.
Waiting for the performance to start...
Some observations:Elise was in a constant state of raptor during the entire ballet.
Cameron was looking extremely bored... until people started flying across the stage or if swords were involved. :-)
Kaitlin was whispering to me, in the loudest whisper imaginable - with her left hand raised to the opposite corner of her mouth, every 5 seconds "WHEN IS PETER PAN COMING?" or "OH SHE DANCES BEAUTIFULLY" or "WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?" I hope she never makes me stop laughing.
Overall it was a fun night and everyone, even Cam, said that they enjoyed the whole ballet.

No comments:
Post a Comment