Happy Birthday to my sweet baby, who is no longer a baby, Nora! Unfortunately Kaitlin is sick so it really was just a regular day but in the evening my parents came down and we had Nora's favorite dinner, pizza, and then cake and ice cream.
About the cake... I had this awesome idea roaming around in my head that I would make a cake with Nora's face on it; more specifically with her Mii face. This was my pattern and my goal. Uber cute right?

So I mixed the colors and got started. So far so cute.

And then... I swear that when I mixed the color for the face it almost matched her skin color. I don't know what when wrong but I really had no intention of giving my Mii cake daughter pig pink skin. Things just went down hill from that first frosting star. Yikes!

Worse!

Oh! Oh! How terrible! I couldn't let her have this monstrosity so I scraped off all the frosting and whipped up this. Much better, oh my, much much better.

So lesson learned, I should not take up a career in decorating Mii face cakes.


Now I'm sure you are wondering what her favorite present was. It was the bag with four books inside that my mom gave her. Nora would have NOTHING to do with any of the other presents once she opened this one and it was the third present she opened. Here's a picture of her with them. Just before I took this she actually had one of the books open and was pointing to the pages and just babbling away like she was reading it.

Happy birthday Nora! We love you a mucho; even if you are a flip-flop thief. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment