Kaitlin is ready and waiting, waiting, WAITING to go to school! It started at the beginning of the year...
It was Sunday night January 2, I was having Elise and Cameron find their backpacks, shoes, coats, etc. so that we wouldn't have trouble in the morning for when school resumed. I think that I had mentioned several times to Kaitlin that it was the beginning of a new year and that this is the year she would go to school. Kait, without me realizing it, took this to mean that January 3 was her first day of school. That night as she was getting her backpack ready, I thought she was just playing around. She kept asking me if her teacher would mind if she brought a toy to school, still it didn't click with me. She fell asleep that night with her backpack on (sorry no picture but super cute!). In the morning she was extremely obedient: she did everything the first time I asked her and when it was time to walk the kids to school she got her backpack on and said "I'm ready!" It wasn't until we were at the school that it all clicked for me. It was when I was telling the kids to go in the front door, Kaitlin asked "Uh? Is that the door I go in?" She was so disappointed when I explained that she had to wait until the end of August which was about 9 months away. She asked how many days that was and I did the quick math and said about 240. She then said to herself "First 9 then 8 then 7 then 6 then 5 then 4 then 3 then 2 then 1 then 0 then school day!!" :-) Everyday she's kept up saying "One less day until I go to school."

No comments:
Post a Comment