Friday, November 13, 2009

Reading



So I feel like I blog a lot about Kaitlin, but she is just in such a cute phase right now that I can't help it!  Lately she has really been into learning to read and she is doing quite well.  If you know Kait, you'll know that she doesn't pronounce her words properly; especially words that begin with R or end in D.  I LOVE making her sound out words like Rad, Red, Rag...  it goes something like this.
"ERR- AA- DUH, W-aa.  ERR- EH- DUH, W-eh.  ERR- AA- GUH, Wag."  The best part is that if you repeat to her what you heard and not what the word is she'll correct you...
Kaitlin: TH- AA- T, Dat.
Mom: Dat?
Kaitlin: No mom! I s-eh "Dat" not "dat"!

Well at least she's got it right in her head and I hope that she won't be correcting herself anytime soon.  I make her talk throughout the day just so I can smile at how cute she is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.