Enjoy the pictures and stories!
The Corn Maze
The Corn Box
Here's a great story for you. After climbing out of the corn box Jaime was brushing the dust off his clothes and his wedding ring flew off and landed somewhere in the corn. He had just started sifting and looking when I came along and asked what happened. So, not wanting to have to buy him another wedding ring again (he lost his first one while working at Jiffy Lube, his second one suddenly broke into 3 pieces) I started helping. The thought occurred to me while we were sifting, that he was looking too close to where he was standing and that he was probably sitting on the ring but I didn't say anything. After about half an hour Molly suggested that he check his pockets just in case and that's when I made my move. He stood up and I gently moved the top 1/2 inch layer of corn and sure enough there was his ring. I stood up and put it into my pocket thinking I would be silly and when we got back to Craig and Molly's I would pull it out and propose to him. But it didn't work out. Just after I put the ring in my pocket the owner came along and being the amazing husband he is, Jaime asked if they had access to a metal detector. The man said yes but it would be about an hour before he could get it and then who knows how long to sift through all that corn with it while raking the corn one way and then the other. AAAHH!! Now I started feeling bad. I couldn't make that man go to all that work for something I already found but I also didn't want to fess up that the ring had been in my pocket now for five or more minutes. So as Jaime was walking away to leave his phone number, I purposely set Nora's pacifier on the bench and walked away. He left the phone number and was looking very sad when I said "Oops! I left Nora's pacifier, be right back." I walked over where I couldn't be seen picked up the pacifier, pulled the ring out of my pocket and danced back all happy like and excitedly exclaimed "I found it! I'm the best wife ever!" Everyone was like "where!? where was it!" I have to admit here that I lied and said it was on the ground by the bench that I had left Nora's pacifier on. Jaime said "Wow! that's crazy! Molly searched that area for ever!" When we got in the car, feeling terrible about lying, I came clean about everything. We all had a good laugh. (sorry about the length!)
Kaitlin
Elise
Cameron
Jaime
Kaitlin kissing Jaime
He's alive!
And very dusty.
The Pumpkin Patch
Craig and Molly's ward was having a Primary activity and they invited us to come along. It was cold and fun.
Early and cold, not a good combination.
Guard duty. Elise volunteered Cameron for it and he was thrilled as you can see. So thrilled and skilled that someone managed to snatch the one on the left. He'd make a good mall cop, maybe.
Uncle Craig and Kait
Kait's handprint on her pumpkin.
The doughnut from heaven that will send you to hell. Seriously, this was huge, probably 3+ feet in diameter with 1 inch of frosting. I love sweet things and doughnuts but 2 bites was all I could handle.
Soccer Games and Ice Cream
After the pumpkin patch we went to Kole's soccer game and also got to see Riley play too! The kids had fun running up and down the hill, that is until Kait fell.
Dairy Queen for Ice Cream
Kaitlin
The face says it all.

I laughed SO hard at your story about Jaime's ring--and as soon as I read it to Cory, he was laughing too, at how much it sounded like something I'd do... I once called a store to find out if I'd accidently left my glasses in their fitting room. The guy said he'd check it out, and put me on hold. I found my glasses (at my home) moments after he put me on hold, but was too embarrassed for some reason to tell him that after he came back on the line. He described a pair of glasses he had found to me, I told him they didn't sound quite like mine, he said he'd keep an eye out, I told him I'd appreciate that, he took my phone number down in case they found them... So ridiculous, but I just couldn't fess up to my silly mistake. I've done things like that so many times. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures, your kids are so adorable (even when they are pretending to be grumpy... :) ).