Saturday, August 1, 2009
Jaime's Homecoming
Jaime came home from being deployed to South America on July 30. We got up to the base to pick him up at the perfect time but I wish that I had brought the camera. When we pulled into the parking lot of the Intel building there was an old school blue bus out front just getting ready to leave for the flight line because the plane was just about to land. They asked us if we wanted to ride out there with them. The kiddos were SUPER excited about it, until the bus started going... Kait looked like she was watching a scary movie. She was chalk white and grasping to the seat with a death grip as the rackety, noisy bus rattled down the base roads to the flight line. As we were pulling up, the plane was just being anchored and the propellers were still going. Cameron thought that was the neatest thing ever; he exclaimed in a loud deep voice "whooooaaaaa!!!!!" I think my favorite part was seeing Jaime's smile when we stepped off the bus unexpectedly. The children went running to him screaming and piled on him in a huge bear hug. This was one of those times that I wasn't going to race them to Jaime but watch out Elise, Cameron, and Kaitlin next time I won't be so nice!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You have reached the bottom of the page.

No comments:
Post a Comment