Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Celebrating 11

Cameron turns 11 this month!

This boy of mine... he melts my heart everyday.  Cameron is sweet, kind, thoughtful, considerate, caring, loving, sympathetic, intelligent and the list continues.


Birth - 2 Years:

As with Elise's post we unfortunately don't have a lot of pictures of Cameron as a baby and young boy.  Cameron was born late at night after an episode of The Simpson's.  I remember watching the episode and then thinking "ok, I'm ready."  There was some concern during labor, his heart rate was continually dropping, he had the cord around his neck but once he was born he was fine and there was no damage done.







Elise took to him immediately and they have been best friends ever since.  I love watching them together.  They have their tiffs like everyone does but for the most part, despite the major differences in attitude and temperament, they get along extremely well.





I can't remember Cam's first word but I do remember how much that kid could eat!  I started making baby food for him because he was a bottomless pit!



He also had chronic ear infections and ended up getting tubes in his ears.  He was so chill about it:  they told me that children usually freak out when coming off anesthesia but when they wheeled him in the room after the surgery he was sitting up in the bed, looking around, chill as can be.


3-4 Years:

One of the major things that stand out to me is his cute little voice saying things like Strawberry Shortcake -"Stwabehwee Kortcake" and Yep-"Mep".



He also did NOT like wearing church clothes unless it was time for church.  One time when we were attending a baptism he was T.O-ed that it wasn't Sunday but he had to wear church clothes.  After arguing with him for a bit he finally gave in and said he would get ready.  He came out of his room in a plain red T-shirt, red gym shorts, and his black velcro tie around his neck.  He wore that tie until the final Amen was said and then he ripped it off and threw it at me as hard as he could. HAHAHAHA!

His qualities of politeness and thoughtfulness began to show during these years.  I remember one time when he couldn't find his pillow so he asked to use mine.  When I went in to check on things a little later he was still awake and said "thanks Mom for letting me use your pillow".




Then there was that time that he decided to take on the trampoline frame...




He also became best friends with the little guy next door, Beckett. They were instant friends and would spend their days swinging in the hammock or jumping on the tramp.  Beck couldn't really talk at this point but some how Cameron got through to him and it was adorable to watch them together.

Always so much fun with this guy!





5-8 Years:

It was in these years that Cameron began spending some time during the summer with his cousin Parker.  I remember the very first time he stayed at Marie's house- when we pulled up to the house to pick him up he ran outside, his face full of delight, and threw his arms around me and gave me a huge hug and told me he missed me.  Then he told me that he dreamed of me every night and in each dream asked me when I was coming back to get him.  Heart melted!  I love this little guy so much.








Cam went through a phase where he loved his cowboy boots.  He not only wore them with everything but he wore them to death (and inspired some of his friends and his cousin to get a pair).  He was so adorable with them on!


Cameron has always been very sweet but sometimes in trying to be sweet and kind he ended up being unkind.  After Nora was born he told me "Mom, I'm not going to say you're fat because that's rude but your tummy is a little big."  Thanks bub.




He has, for the most part, always tried to keep his words in check.  Meaning he has always made an effort to say kind things even when he is angry.  Once he was very upset with Jaime and you could see in his face that he wanted to call him an unkind name.  His whole body was shaking and through clenched teeth he stammered out "you! you! you! CHANCO!"

When Jaime was deployed to Afghanistan, Cameron was able to stand in for him and receive his Airman of the Year award.  Everyone, myself included, thought it was so wonderful to have Cam there to accept the award for his dad!






9 Years:

One thing I can say about Cameron is he is quick to make amends.  It never takes long after he and I have a tiff that I find his arms around me and with tear filled eyes he will apologize.

It was during this year that I began to see more clearly how wonderful Cameron is.  He gets it.  He is easy to talk to because he listens and understands very well- and he puts your advice into practice.  He rarely needs to be told to get his chores done- he gets that if he gets up and gets them done he has the whole day to do what he wants.  I rarely have to disciple him or reprimand him.  He is constantly trying to be his very best and he encourages his friends to be the same; he has no fear of standing up for what he believes is right.  He tries to include everyone and smooth things over when there is turmoil.







10 Years:

Even though he cried when I told him that Lily was a sister instead of the brother that he wanted, Cameron has loved Lily from the moment she was born.  He not only loves being with her but he is excellent at caring for her.  You can tell that Lily knows she is loved by him because she always seeks him out, smiles when she finds him, hugs him, kisses him, and even teases him.




This is the year that he earned the awesome nickname BBFFB (Barely B. Fart Face Brat).  It started with Cameron calling me a Barely B. Brat when I wouldn't let him do something.  So when he continued to give me attitude I added the Fart Face and then shortened it for convenience sake. (Shortened version is pronounced Buh-Buh-Fuh-Fuh-Buh)  :-)




Even though he is a BBFFB I still love him and thank God every day for letting me raise this wonderful and hilarious boy.



Cameron has a very quick and very hilarious wit.  He always asks "what's for dinner" and I always respond with "poo".  Well one day he ate something and gagged and said "Gross it tastes like poo!"  I said "EEEEWWW! How do you know what poo tastes like?"  He immediately responded "I eat poo every day... it's call 'Mom's cooking'".  BAHAHAHAHA!




11 Years:

Happy Birthday Cam!  I hope you have a great year and you enjoy your gift!

Meet the newest member of our household: Ellie, a Ball Python.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.