Friday, November 15, 2013

What Do You Eat?

I don't completely remember how Nora's interest in dinosaurs began but by the age of two she often would only respond to you if you called her by her true name: Norasaurus.  I'm not joking:

Me: Nora? Where's Nora? 
Pause, no answer.
Me: Where's Nora??
Again, no answer.
Me: Where's Norasuarus?
Norasuarus: RRRRAAAAARRRR!

Some time ago she expressed the desire to own some toy dinosaurs.  So we went to Walmart to see what kind of selection they had; Nora chose a Tyrannosaurus Rex and a Brachiosaurus then she wanted to know about each dinosaur:

"Mom, what one is this?"
"It's a Tyrannosaurus Rex."
"What does it eat?"
"It eats meat."
"And what one is this?"
"It's a Brachiosaurus."
"What does it eat?"
"It eats leafs."

On the way home Nora started to play with her new toys:

T-Rex: Hi! Do you want to play?
Brachiosaurus: Yes!
T-Rex: What do you eat?
Brachiosaurus: I eat leafs.  What do you eat?
T-Rex: I eat meat! See! (Nora, making chowing noises, proceeds to make the T-Rex eat his new leaf-eating friend.)

 


1 comment:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.