Sunday, October 21, 2012

Hawaii

O'ahu from the plane. But first we went to the Big Island

Kole Kole Beach.

  Volcanos National Park.
Kiluea Iki crater that we hiked down into.






It was awesome to feel the heat of the volcanic activity below.



 A vent of the Kiluea volcano spewing forth lovely sulfuric acid.  They wouldn't let you go near it due to health reasons and I suppose my health is more important than seeing lava, but only marginally.

 And this is what that vent looks like at night with the lava lighting up the gases.

From Volcanos to the southern most point in the United States.  South Point, Hawaii.





Near South Point is the Green Sand beach. 






Yeppers, matching shirts.  Courtesy of Lisa Phair.

Zip Lines!! At Uma Uma Falls.





Ha! As I was scrolling through the pictures that night I came across this one.  Really?  As if Jaime doesn't see enough of my booty.


Black Sand Beach




So there were a lot of people gathered around on this beach taking pictures of what appeared to be nothing.  Jaime and I were very puzzled and just about walked by four turtles lounging on the beach. 



Heading back from the Black Sand beach the sun was rainbow lighting up the clouds.  I had to darken the picture so the rainbow would show up but it looks pretty cool still.

On to O'ahu where we met up with my B.F.F. Mary and her husband Brady.

Hanauma Bay for some snorkeling.










Some sight seeing.  There is a Japanese fishing shrine here and an awesome blow hole in the middle left of the picture.


I had to take this one of the lighthouse for my sister Marie.


 And of course no blog about a Hawaiian vacation is complete without sunset pictures.


 The picture below is my favorite.  I love all the surfers dotting the water!




Pearl Harbor.  We toured the USS Missouri, USS Bowfin, and visited the USS Arizona Memorial (a sobering experience that increased my gratitude for the men and women of the armed forces, and my gratitude for the blessings of living with liberty. )








On the USS Bowfin.





 Looking through the periscope at the USS Missouri.








And the last picture I have is at the summit of Diamond Head crater.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.