We decided, well I decided, a while back that I am only going to do birthday parties for the kiddos on their even birthdays so this is an off year for Cameron, but I wanted it to still be a great day...
The day started out with me sneaking into Cameron's room and placing his first present, a cat pillow pet, next to him to wake up to.
FLASHBACK: Last year Cam spent two nights up at my sister's house and when I came to pick him up he came running out of the house, his arms flung wide, and jumped into my arms and said "Mom! I missed you so much! I dreamed about you every night!"
Okay back to the birthday. I gave Cameron his second present at lunch it was a totally awesome dart gun.
Then my parents came down and took him to get some new boots. Both items are featured in the picture below.
Now time for cake and ice cream and the third present! (another dart gun incase you are wondering so that he and Beckett Tanner can have dart gun fights) But another story first...
Cameron really wanted an ice cream cake from Diarrhea Dairy Queen. So we went down and ordered it for today to be picked up at 5 p.m. We showed up at 5:05, showed them our copy of the order, and they went to the back to get it. Three minutes went by... Five... Ten... they came out and said that the order had been placed but the cake maker didn't make the cake! Lame. :-( So my parents bought a cake from Wal-Mart and we sat down to chow it down. Well, what was supposed to be an intimate get-together quickly turned into Cameron's party when all of his friends suddenly came riding up the drive way on their bikes screaming "HAAPPY BIIRTHDAAY CAAAAAMMMMERON!" Not lame. :-) (and completely impromptu! What great friends!)
Happy Birthday Cameron! You are one of the greatest blessings that God has given us.

No comments:
Post a Comment