I am continually amazed by how intelligent Kaitlin is. At four years old and with very little help from me she taught herself to read and is currently teaching herself to play the piano. I'm serious.
Today we were heading to Wal-Mart to do a little grocery/christmas shopping for family and friends. She asked where we were going and why and I told her. She then asked if I would get her a beautiful necklace for christmas. I said that she should ask Santa for it because he is the one who brings the presents. She then replied "(sassy tone) Uh Mom. I did ask Santa when I asked you. Wait no! I asked Mrs. Claus. Because you are Mrs. Claus and Dad is Santa Claus. So, can you get me a beautiful necklace and wrap it up and put it under the tree and write 'To Kaitlin' (make sure is says Kaitlin not Kait) 'From Santa and Mrs. Claus'?"
She then started singing (to the tune of Jingle Bells) "Santa Claus, Santa Claus, Santa Claus and Mrs. Claus. He is Dad, she is Mom, they are Mom and Dad. MOD! (I'm guessing that is Mom and Dad combine, she's into that lately. The other day she said "HOM! When I say hom that means hey mom and then you say, Yes Kait?")
I'm pretty sure that Kait makes me smile a hundred times a day.

Oh my gosh, that is sooooo funny! Kole was looking over my shoulder trying to read this so I had to turn the computer away. So far so good, still clueless and he's 10! THat Kaitlyn is a smart cookie! Watch out,pretty soon she will be talking about the birds and the bees!
ReplyDelete