Wednesday, November 10, 2010

RIP Lazybum

If you didn't know that we had an African Dwarf Frog you know now. Cameron won him (pictured below) at the Fourth of July festival, of this year, in Hunstville. He was a good frog... never made a sound, ate twice a week, and needed a water change twice a month. Lazybum was lazy, hence the name. The majority of the time he floated around on the currents in the fishbowl, or would be seen floating at the top of the bowl, directly in the center, or laying on the bottom. It was hard to tell if he was even alive in there, but once he went belly up... well you know the rest. Farewell Lazybum, may your journey to the afterlife be a swirly one.

Post Script,
I waited until Cameron got home from school before we flushed Lazybum. Cameron didn't seem to care at all that he had passed on. So we all gathered in the bathroom to send Lazybum off; however, when I lifted the toilet lid I found the contents of the toilet to be less than respectable for a burial. So I flushed and waited for the water to fill again. Apparently the water was not done filling because when I poured the fish bowl water in, everything went straight down, no swirling involved. Cameron was DEVASTATED at this. He cried for about 10 minutes because he didn't get to see Lazybum swirl down the toilet bowl. Sometimes I wonder about this kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.