I convinced Cameron to give his bike a try again, it has sat on the back porch since October. I told him to just think of it as riding his scooter and he would be off and zooming up and down the block like that (snapping of fingers). He reluctantly agreed and was more than please with the results! Not only did he get the hang of it his first try but within 10 minutes he had figured out how to start and stop himself. He rode up and down the sidewalk for 2 1/2 hours smiling the whole time, figuring out how to turn, and even figured out how to stand and ride. Great job Cameron!
Just kidding here's the real picture.
He wanted to show off to Elise so I let him ride his bike down to the school to show her. Elise's reaction was more extreme than I predicted. She was VERY upset that he knew how and she didn't. So upset that she darted out into the very busy street (500 W) and came with in a few inches of being hit by a car. When we got home she went right to the back and grabbed her bike, I lectured her good about street safety again (and about a million times on the way home), pumped up her tires, told her to think of it as riding her scooter and she was off without a hitch. Her face as just as light and bright as Cameron's was. She rode down the street laughing and saying "LOOK! I'm doing it! I can ride my bike!" Today was a very good day.

I'm glad Elise was ok... Scary!
ReplyDeleteWay to go to both kids, what a fun day.
I love it! Sometimes just a little friendly competition is good for the soul! That's how it was for Kole and Chase too. Kole was first and Chase learned like a day later. It was awesome! Love and miss you guys.
ReplyDelete