Thursday, September 17, 2009

Sunsets, Floods, and Fall Decorations


Sunsets, Thunderstorms, and Autumn three of my most favorite things about this planet. I love the contrasting bright and dull colors streaking through the sky; that seem so much more full and deep compared to the colors in a sunrise. In Fall I love the crisp bite of the air in the mornings, the warmth of the days, and the cool refreshing breeze in the evenings. I love to sit out on the front porch during the thunderstorms to smell the rain and feel the thunder vibrate my eardrums.

Two days ago we had a great storm. There was no wind but pouring rain and tons of lightening. Lightening that was so close you could hear the crackle and sizzle before the boom. After the storm was over Kaitlin uncovered her head, unstopped her ears, and exclaimed "Look Mom a waterfall and a river!" The neighbors gutter was blocked under the driveway so the water was coming over the top and spilling back down. Kait thought it was pretty neat to have a waterfall and river in our very own front yard.



Yesterday I cut the corn down and tied it to the pillars for our traditional decorations. I decided to leave the pumpkins out until October for effect and because not all of them are ripe.

And then today as I was sitting in the front room with the lights off the sunlight suddenly went to a deep yellow and then quickly to a deep orange. So I grabbed the camera and ran out to capture these.

So now you have a little taste of some of the things that I enjoy... a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
You have reached the bottom of the page.